Calgary hotel wedding venues are a safe bet for your wedding. Guests can stay at the hotel, you can even host a brunch. They also have the experience needed for large weddings.
We have photographed a lot of hotels in town, and some of our favourites in Calgary include the Fairmont Palliser and Hotel Arts. I love weddings at hotels because your guests can get a room and party all night long. As a guest at a wedding I think it’s such a bonus. I also think hotels have some of the most comprehensive customer service in the industry. You almost always get an event coordinator, so you won’t need to hire one and that mean added bucks for awesome photos — just kidding.
Hotels are also great for large weddings. They have done this a thousand times. So if you are looking for 150+ you are probably looking at some of the Calgary hotel options.
Hotel wedding venue photography pros
- Space for large weddings
- They have often done a lot of weddings and have loads of experience
- The rooms are right there for the safety of your guests
- Some have great photo locations right there (Palliser, Hotel Arts, Le Germaine)
Hotel wedding venue photography cons
- Some don’t have great photo locations and in the winter going elsewhere is tough
- Big rooms can mean big money on decor
Our gold star list
- The Fairmont Palliser Hotel
- The Hyatt, but you would need way more dollars on decor compared to the Palliser
- Hotel Arts
- Kensington Riverside Inn – the best smaller intimate hotel venue in town
- The Sheraton downtown – another great option and in a great location
Check out some Calgary wedding photography of these beautiful hotels: