Calgary Wedding Venues: Golf Courses
One of our first weddings took place at a golf course. It was the Willow Park golf course in SE Calgary. A golf course is a great option for hosting a wedding because they are often experienced with hosting large events. When a venue is experienced with hosting events, they often have experience with feeding large groups of people, and this can mean a good meal.
Golf courses will also often have an event coordinator included in the booking. This is also the case for hotel weddings. This can be an invaluable asset and can also save you the expense of hiring an event coordinator.
After photographing lots of weddings at golf courses in Calgary, we can give some great pros and cons. This may help you while looking around at Calgary Wedding Venues and specifically at Calgary Golf Courses.
Golf course wedding photography pros
- Typically golf courses for wedding venues have good ceremony spaces indoors and out
- They have often done a lot of weddings and have experience
- They often have decent furniture to use
- They are often scenic
- Event coordinators
Golf course wedding photography cons
- They are often have golfers and busy parking lots
- They often have rules preventing photos from being taken on the grounds
- They can be located in areas with few photo locations
We also love Valley Ridge Golf Course.